Content writing is one of the hottest words in the world right now. If you’ve been involved in blogging or a website or any part of digital marketing, you must have heard its name. Content writing is just a triumph all around. But what exactly is this content writing? Hi guys, welcome back to anupdebnath.info . In this article i am going to discuss about this hottest word. So let’s start guys –
What do we mean by content writing or article writing?
Content writing is a detailed description of a particular topic. This could be a product review, could be an e-book, could be a blog or website article. Content writing is the most informative thing you will publish on a particular topic. Typically a content is written with 500-1000 words or 2000+ words.
If you search on Google you will find some content written with 2500+ words. Many people call content writing as article writing. And those who work on content writing are called content writers.
What Kind of Content Writing Can Be?
There can be many types of content writing. In fact, what will be written about the content, what is in the content varies from person to person. Again their demand is also different. According to that point, the type of content writing is also different. Let’s look at some of the types of content writing –
1. Product Reviews: Write content with reviews of different products.
2. Website Content Writing / Blog Writing: Writing content on various blogs or website specific topics. However, in the case of blogs, you must have to write niche related content of that site.
3. News Content Writing: You have to write contents of different news interestingly.
4. Affiliate Content Writing: Write content about affiliate products / programs for those who do affiliate programs.
5. CV Writing: CV is very important when it comes to jobs. If you are skilled at content writing, you can easily create a standard CV. CV Writing is also posted on online marketplaces.
6. Transcription Writing: If you are proficient in content writing, this can give you a great opportunity. The task of Transcription Writing is basically – you have to write exactly the English used there by listening to audio files or watching videos. In this case, the more efficient you are at listening and understanding English, the faster you can work. It is a bit time consuming to write and listen. However, regular practice does not take too long to become a seasoned player.
7. E-commerce Product Descriptions: This is similar to product reviews.
Amazon Product Review Writing: This is similar to Product Review. This is similar to product reviews.
8. Rewriting: Rewriting is a small-sized article, such as any one of the content which has 300-500 words must be written in your own way by don’t changing the actual concept of the article.
10. Proofreading: Proofreading is done to improve the spelling, grammar error, style, etc. of a content. But for proofreading, it’s important to know APA (American Psychological Association) Style, MLA (Modern Languages Association), Chicago style proofreading. Also, knowing the Oxford-style Proof for British English will work well. You will also find many help in proofreading online. Google is there.
What software will you need?
You will need some software for content writing first. With the help of these you can easily write down the required content. You can also make corrections of your writing later. If you want, you can use the following software. They’ll be useful –
01) Microsoft Word
3) Word web
4) File Format Converter etc.
For content writing I recommend you to use Microsoft Word. Because here you can easily see how many words are in your post, automatic grammar error checking, if a word is mistyped, then Microsoft Word will recommend it to you. In this case you will not find this feature on Word Web or Notepad. Also, using Microsoft Word will provide many more benefits for writing.
How to get started –
but now the question is how to get started? Right ?? Content writing doesn’t mean that you pick a topic and started writing something related to this topic. In terms of content writing, you need to pay close attention in some objects. Otherwise you may write exactly but you will not get the reader to read. ( :p )
Things you need to pay attention to when you want to start writing content –
** Mindset For Research – You need to do a lot of research for article writing. Because what you are going to write should be realistic and informative. In order to find the information you need for your article, you need to have a mindset for research. So take the time, take the information and make your content. That’s it brother.
** Use Attractive Headings – Research is done. You are also ready to write your content, but the topic you are about to write should have an attractive title that can attract your reader to your content. You can do that easily by putting an attractive title. So it is not only the research, the title needs to be relevant to the content you are about to write.
** Be with your own writing style – let’s come back to writing. You did a search online, came up with information, started writing by giving a suitable title. right ??? There is a “BUT” here. You are willing to write but if you write by following the style of others writer then what is your own identity of writing ? Ask yourself man.
If you do this you will surely have no own identity for your writing. So that’s why you need to write as you like to write. And by doing this you can grow a good writing style for yourself and you can easily catch where you need to develop and what will you have to do to make your content more reader-friendly. Have a try man. ( <3 )
** Discussing Specific Points – That’s An Implant Point To Focus On. Always have a look to the article you are about to write. This is because when discussing outside of a given subject, it naturally causes the reader to be annoyed. Then he or she will not read your content. So whatever things you discuss should be relevant to that content.
** Be Creative – You need to be creative when it comes to content writing. Your creativity needs to evolve through your writing. Why am I talking about creativity? See if you search Google for the content you are about to write, you will see that someone has already written it. But you also have to write, don’t you?
Now think that , this content is already in online, so what changes do you make if you want to write about it so that your writing does not look exactly like the one written online ??? hm?? What changes really make your writing feel more unique ?? What changes will actually make readers interested in reading your article? Think yourself man. Once you have the answer you will understand what will you have to do then.
** Keep Simple Without Exaggeration – This is where you will apply the Kiss. What? Wondering? Kiss means “Keep It Simple Stupid” . Try to keep the content you are writing about as simple as that. If exaggerated, the reader may leave without reading the whole content. Write as much as your content needs. That’s simple.
I can assume that you will choose English as your writing language. If you want to build a career in content writing then English will be good for you. Many are strong players in English, leave them. But those who want / want to start a new one or those who feel weak writing in English but you guys have a strong desire towards content writing can follow the steps below –
01) Practice – Practice writing in English daily. Write less or more as you can, but write daily. No problem if you make mistake. Make it a habit to write daily. If you don’t write, then how do you understand where you wrong is? One of the benefits of writing daily is that the mistakes you make first will be greatly reduced later. In addition to this you will develop a good habit of writing inside.
02) Reading –Try to read English magazines or newspaper daily. In addition to online magazines / blog content, you can watch English movies and, if possible, watch English movies with subtitles. They will do a great help for content writing.
03) Enrich you vocabulary – You must enrich your store of vocabulary. Because when you are going to write an article you surely need a lots of word. And if you have a strong vocabulary store you can use words with different style.
04) Watch Videos – You can do your practice by watching videos online. In this case you will get a big support from YouTube. There are many videos on YouTube about content writing. From there you can start with any videos you like.
05) Strong your basic in English – In addition to these, the basic rules of English can bring a little trouble here. Because many of us have not a clear view in the basic rules of English and when writing content in English, these basic grammar errors appear very odd. Practice slowly and get yourself involved.
06) Read a Lot – You have to read a lot, a lot actually. The more you read, the more you will be aware of the other author’s writing style, presentation process, etc. Even you can develop your own writing more. You will also be informed about different and lots of information.
Content Writing As A Career
If you have read this article till to this point, i can swear you are somewhat interested in content writing, am i Right ?? Personally my answer will Yes, you can make it as your career. Content writing will be a great profession for them who are willing to write.
And, as a writer if you have immense proficiency in English then you can easily make your career as a content writer. On thing need to add here is you may not know that content writing is one of the elite jobs around the world. So i hope you guys understand the importance of content writing.
Every day new e-commerce websites / blogs are being created. Being a brand new company. Whatever they are, quality content is always needed. So you can easily exploit this opportunity. Apart from these, content writing is available in the freelancing / outsourcing sector also.
The richer your experience hangs, the more your demand will grow. Everyone wants to have a good article on their intended service / product, and no one wants to miss an experienced content writer. Do you guess my point ?
Content Writing on Online
Content Writing Online may be a great open place for you. In addition to offline, you can work online with content writing. In this case you do not have to do anything, only your willpower is sufficient. Let’s look at the websites you find online for content writing –
- Upwork – An online marketplace where content writing is posted from different people. You can start content writing here.
- Freelancer.com – The process is like upwork.
- Fiverr – The process is like upwork.
- People Per Hour – An Another online market place for content writing.
- Guru – An amazing platform for content writers through online.
- FlexJobs – Here you have to write for clients and specially for their gigs.
- BloggingPro – good platform for content writer.
- Squidoo – A trusted site for earning by writing content online.
- Hubpages – Much like squidoo. However, the articles you publish here are called Hubs.
- Helium – Helium is another popular way of earning through content writing. You can choose the topic or content you want to write and then start your journey with them.
- Triond – Articles you write here will be posted on various popular websites. You will be able to post audio, video and pictures together with your article on the TriOnD.
- The Writer Finder – Here they mainly contact with business owners for content creation. And you have to write content for them.
- Yahoo! Contributor Network – Articles can also be published through the Yahoo Contributor Network and by this you can earn also.
- Blogging.org – Generally this site is popular for buying and selling articles as well. Visitors buy articles from this website and publish them on their sites. So to earn from here, you have to write quality content. Otherwise selling your article will be hard.
- Constant Content – Much like Blogging.org. However, you can sell your content here to a customer you want.
- Bukisa – Bukisa is originated with “How To” niche. So you have to write things like “how to do something” here should be given priority. But you can also write your interest and experiences in Bukisa.
- Article Teller – This is the same as Blogging.org. Every day many people come to this site to buy content. The more quality content you write, the more your income will grow.
So i hope now you guys realized the importance of content writing. If you are proficient in content writing, there are endless possibilities ahead of you. If the interest is content writing then start your practice from today and taste the endless success.