Wah! Blog, the most heard word ever. Day by day its area is increasing. If you are reading this post then I am sure you have an interest in blogging.
Don’t have any? Okay don’t worry man. Why fear, Experience Hunter is here. ( 🙂 ) .
Okay, You can create a blog for free on blogger. Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you something. Do you hear about blogger? Do you know something about blogger?
A product of Google gives you the opportunity to open a free blog site. There are many people around you who don’t have any custom domain & hosting. But they are still doing blogging by opening a free blog from blogger. Let’s know more about this site.
This blog publishing website was developed by Pyra Labs On August 23, 1999.
Later Google bought this site in 2003. Google allows you to create 100 blog from one gmail account. You can’t make more than 100 blogs from a single gmail. Opps! But remember one thing, as Google provides you the opportunity to create a free blog , they will not provide you a custom domain. Because it is a free service, they will let you create your blog for free and let you access to your blog from their subdomain.
Information of Blogger.com
Alexa Rank is : 179
Competitor websites are : wordpress.com, godaddy.com
Launched : 1999
Launched By : Pyra Labs
Present Owner : Google
Subdomain Name : blogspot.com
Type of Service : blog publishing services.
To create a blog on blogger is very easy. Below i explained everything of it.
First Step ::
Go to blogger.com. You will see something like this picture given below –
Click on sign in or create a new blog. Click anyone of these options. Then it will take you to another step. If you have a gmail account opened then they will ask you to choose your account. Select your gmail account and press the next step. After selecting your gmail account you have to provide your password and follow the next step.
Check this image given below-
Yes brother, in this box you have access to write a name for your blog. This name will be seen on your blog post like a publisher. You can define it as author name. Write your display name. Please choose wisely. Then click on “continue to blogger”.
After that another page will come in front of you like this picture given below –
Now click on create a new blog.That’s all. You are about to finish it. Haha, but not now, press this button. After that blogger will show you a pop up window on your computer screen. What is this ? Check this picture –
Here you see, I marked some items. These are –
- Title : this is your blog title actually. The name you write here will display as your blog title. I hope you already have a name for your blog. Just write it in the input box.
- Address : What is this. Yes this is your blog url. This is your blog address. The name you write here will allow people to access on your blog through its name. You can check whether your given is available or not. If your given name is available a successful message will display below the address bar. And if it is not available then you will also see a message displayed on the picture.
- Theme : Third option is theme. In this option you have to select a theme for your blog. Pick anyone of these themes. Later you can change it and can customize everything about this theme.
You are all done brother. A picture will come like this –
There is a sidebar. From this sidebar you can do anything on your blog. Now you are able to create new posts, new pages, change themes etc.
The most important thing is to set up your blog theme. Click on customize button. Then they will take you to their editing panel. Check this image –
Now design your theme. There are four options available for design. These are –
- Themes – You don’t need to click on this option. It will always open by default for you. Whenever you click on customized theme this option will come first for you. You see? There are some theme templates. Click anyone of these themes if you want to change theme.
- Background : let’s check this example below –
I clicked on background. Then this window came in front of me. If you want to have a background image you can select any image from these options. Not just that you can upload your own image from your computer. Just click on “upload image” and follow their next instructions. That’s simple.
3.Advanced : Before starting this point please check this image given below –
See? There are many options inside Advanced. They will allow you to customize your theme and make it more attractive for your visitors. What are these options ?
- Page Text : allows you to select a color for your page text.
- Backgrounds : allows you to select a color for background. You can add transparent option too. It depends on you actually.
- Links : allows you to select a color for all of your links you will use for your blog. Select such a color so that a visitor can understand that a link is here.
- Blog Title : well, you have already added a blog title. Now you can change its font and color from this option. Change as you like.
- Tabs text : as same as blog title.
- Posts : Though it is as same as tabs text but there is a little bit different. Form posts options you have the access to change the font and color of your post heading and posts text.
- Search : allow you to pick a color for your search box.
- Sharing : add color on sharing button.
- Popular posts : add color on your popular posts.
- Post Navigations : same as sharing.
- Labels : same as sharing.
- Attribution : same as labels.
- Width : you can manage the width of your sidebar and content form here. If you want to add margin on your content then place your amount of margin in pixel. Check this image –
4. Gadgets : this option also have some sub-options too. Just click on each option and click on the checkbox if you want to show them on your blog. Later press on ‘back to blogger’. So you designed your theme for your free blog.
Click pages from your sidebar. Then click on new page. And a bar will come like this picture –
Write and press on publish. Then what you need to do is to add all of these pages on your tab. These will display below your blog’s title.
Let’s see how to add pages on tab.
From you dashboard click on layout. Then a many options will come on your screen. Select page list gadget. If you are not clear about this, see this image –
Okay click on pencil icon and you will have a new window open on your screen like this –
- Click on Show Pages.
- Click on all checkboxes if you want to show all pages on your blog tab
- Your all selected pages will come under Home as i mentioned above. And it will look like this –
- Click on the save button. And publish them. Now You are all set. Like this method you can add gadgets for your sidebar.
Your blog is designed with pages and sidebar gadgets. How will it look like? See this image –
See? That’s all. That’s all.
Give me an answer now. Is it easy or not? Is it easy to set up a blog on blogger? If so then share your opinion.