You are about to create your first blog post. Making first post is a very interesting thing for new bloggers. When you are going to create your first post , your heart beat will increase . That’s an amazing feelings. Only a blogger can understand this. Do you know how i felt?
Uhhh!! I revised my post again and again. Tried to find out my error. And i thought several times how people will react. After that, I published my post but didn’t share it instantly on social media. Hahahaha. What a funny situation it was!.
Hi guys welcome back to anupdebnath.info. Today, in this article i am going to discuss How you can create your first post on your wordpress blog. Let’s check this –
I hope you already installed wordpress from your C panel. Now you are willing to create your first blog post. Well, the question is “How can I create my first blog post?”. Right ? It is very simple. You need to know every features and options of wordpress editor properly in order to publish a blog post. Follow these steps mentioned below and publish your first blog post –
First Step > Select a title / headline :
Log in to your admin panel. Click on add new post. Then a text editor appears on your wordpress. The first step to create your first blog post is to write a suitable title / headline. Don’t try to make ordinary title for your blog post. Try to make such a title that can attract your audience to read it. Though you can’t make it at first, by the time you will learn “How to create amazing headline for your blog post”. So now, write a beautiful and attractive headline in this bar.
Second Step > Write Your Article :
From the bar below “add title” you can start writing your blog post. WordPress shows you many features and options. You can add many things in your blog post through its lots of elements and options. By using these you can make your post more attractive.
Which kinds of options wordpress provide ?
Watch This Video If You Don;t Like To Read Whole Post. 🙂
You see? There are lots of options. These are really helpful for you. You can use any one of these whenever you want. Let me describe these elements and how they work.
01 ) Inline Elements :
Click on inline elements. Now you will see inline image option there. How does it work ? If you want to add image and text together then you can use it. Picture will go to the right side of the computer screen and your text will display after it. Again you can resize your picture.
02 ) Common Blocks :
Check some options of common blocks below –
2.a) Paragraph : Hope all of you have idea of paragraph. By clicking on this option a paragraph option will be displayed on your WordPress editor. Normally it was a default option of WordPress. You don’t need to find it from common blocks. It always displayed below add title.
2.b) List : What is list option ? Suppose you want to show your answers or points of your blog serially. If so then list option will help you. It will display your data serially and through bullet format. Check this image –
Here I use two types of list. You can use what you like.
2.c) Images : Image is also important for a blog post. Because you can attract a user by using images on your blog post. There are many extensions of images. Such as .jpg, .jpeg, .png. No matter what types of image extensions yo have, you can easily upload them and use them on your post. Just click on the image. Then you will see a new window will appear on your screen. Here you will get three options like this picture showing below –
Choose any one of these options. You can upload images from another website, you can use your own images. If you go for upload option it will upload your selected picture directly.
Again you can upload images from your WordPress Media Library. Media library saves all of your images you have uploaded. You can choose any picture you like to show for your blog post.
2.d ) Quote : Wah ! Suppose you want to use quote of any writers or other people. Or you want to show some motivational / inspirational quotes on your blog post. Then this option can help you. Quote displays your text in three formats. Check this image below –
But there is an interesting fact. You can add any link in quote texts. Just click on the link option displays above on your quote bar and insert your url. Simple.
2.e ) Gallery : Gallery option helps you to display your images in gallery format. You can add many pictures in a gallery. It will display them its own default system.
All options are like Image option mentioned above. Just pic your image and upload it and publish it. That’s all.
2.f ) Heading : Heading is very much important for a blog. By default you will get a heading bar on top of your wordpress editor. There are six types of heading. These are H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6. Try not to use too many H1 tags in your blog post.
2.g ) Audio : If you like to use podcasts on your blog post or if you are interested to create podcasts then this option can help you. Click non audio and add audio from your media library. That’s simple.
2.h ) Cover : What is cover? Yeah! See the picture below –
This is what you can do with cover. Click on cover then an image uploading dialog box will appear and from there you can select which picture you want to use as your cover. The benefit of using cover is you can add text on image. You can add any link on text.
2.h ) File : Well. This option allows you to add different kinds of file from your computer. When you click on file it will show you an uploading option. After your upload wordpress will generate a download link for this file automatically . You will see a download button after your file name. For your better understand i drop a screenshot here. Check this –
You see ? A download button appears here on my editor. When you publish your post this link will start working automatically.
2.i ) Video : An important part of a blog. You can add your own video from your computer with this option. But don’t worry if you don’t have any video of your own. This option allows you to embed video code from youtube or from any other site. Want to have a look at it ? Check this –
Click on insert from URL. Then add your link. It will embed this automatically. Later you will see your desired video on screen of your editor.
3 ) Formatting :
This option allows you to format your post according to your choice. Suppose you know how to code. I mean you have knowledge of web design. Then you can design your post as you like by using this option. Have a look at this –
See? There are many formatting options available on your wordpress editor.
- HTML : Allows you to use post as html format.
- Code : Allows you to do code in your post.
- Classic : Classic editor displays a normal editor for you. Check this image for your better understanding-
- Preformatted : Do you know what is preformatted? Preformatted option creates background color on your text. That means your text will display with background color on your blog post.
- Pullquote : Pullquote creates border on both top and bottom of your text. Your text will be in the middle of these two border. It will also allow you to use Citation. See this picture below –
Do you notice something ? There are two borders on this text.
- Table : All of you know about table. If you need to show your information through table you can use this.
- Verse : Verse is the same as Preformatted option.
04 ) Layout Elements :
What kinds of features it has ? Check the picture displayed below –
- Button : It allows you to create a button with a link.
- Columns : Let you separate your post in two equal parts.
- Media & Text : You can add image and text together with media & text.
- More : It creates a read more option on your blog. It works like page break.
- Page Break : Page break allows you to separate your current page
- Separator : It creates a horizontal line on your post. Generally separator has three types of line. These are short line, wide line, dots.
- Spacer : Creates space for post. You can resize the bar. The more you make the bar wide, the larger the space will.
05 ) Widgets :
Let’s check some features of widgets. Check the image below –
The features provided by widgets are mentioned below –
- Shortcode : Copy and paste any code here. It will start working automatically when you publish your post.
- Popup Builder : If you have any popup builder then this function will let you display another popup on your blog post. It will work only for those blog post where you place it. Check the picture below –
- Archives : This function will display your monthly data.
- Categories : Let you show your categories on your blog post.
- Latest Comments : It will display your latest comments on your blog post.
- Latest Posts : Same as latest comments. It will show your latest published post on your blog post.
06 ) Embeds :
Generally this option provides facilities of using embedded video code. By using this you can place any video on your blog post. You may know that , using a video on a post can attract your visitors to spend more time on your blog.
07 ) Jetpack :
This option allows you to use features of Jetpack if you installed jetpack before on your wordpress.
This option allows you to use features of Jetpack if you installed jetpack before on your wordpress.
08) Add categories :
Generally wordpress has two options for categories. The one I mentioned above will work only on blog post. But the later one ? It will display all of your categories on your sidebar. You can add categories from editor. When you are about to finish writing your post and about to publish it select your categories and publish it. So what will happen is People can find your post by clicking on your categories.
Check this image –
09 ) Add Tags :
Tag is also important. Try to use relevant tag on your post. You will find tag bar below categories. Check this –
10 ) Add Featured Images :
Featured images will publish with your blog post The featured image will be displayed on the first page along with your blog post.
Third Step > Publish Your Blog Post :
So now you have done all of these, right ? Now time to publish your post. You will see three options at the top right side. This will look like this picture –
Do you know their working method ? Don’t worry. Your answer is given below-
- Save Draft : Suppose you finish writing your article. But you do not want to publish it right now. Then what will you do ? Where this post will go ? Save draft will allow you to save it as a draft. If you do that your post will not publish but save on your wordpress as a draft. So from where you can find this post later ? See this image –
Just click on add post. And then click on draft. You will see all drafts here. Now you can edit any of your drafts if you want to make any changes. That’s simple.
- Preview : This option allows you to check how your post will look like after publishing. You can view it but your post will not displayed. From preview you can find if there is any problem in it. Thus you can solve it.
- Publish : Yes, finally you are here. If everything is okay then click on publish and publish your post. That’s simple.
Things You Need To Know In Order To Create A Post
You can easily create a blog post on wordpress by following these steps mentioned above. But my friend, things are not so easy. You need to follow more things for a post. Such as –
- Keyword Research
- Use primary keyword
- Add relevant word on a post
- Find Target Audience
- On page SEO
- Revise your post.
Why i discuss these features? Because if you know these then publishing a blog post will be easier for you, you don’t need to find any of these options here and there.
Time to close this article. Don’t forget to share your feelings after publishing your first post.